Welcome to Tong Wu’s page!
If you would like to know me, or just being curious, this is where I sometimes post my thoughts or ideas that I would like to share publicly with any people. They could be found under /posts/.
This page is supposed to be a self-introduction post, where I list my education, hobby and the work I’ve done. However, I found it difficult to define myself. Not because I have too much things going on in my head, but it’s more like a part of me just doesn’t like to be defined. I have no idea what words I could put down to represent myself. Besides, at the end of the day, it seems that what defined me are all the people I spent time with, the books I loved, the movies that cheered me up, and the world I saw with my eyes.
Since I fail to characterize myself in words, I decided to just list and mix the things that “sparked joy” in me, in lexicographical order, so that you can freely compose my portrait in your head by yourself.
Stuff I Enjoy, or Enlightening to Me, or I Recommend
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Bose ANC Headphones
- Breaking Bad
- Courage to be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi, Fumitake Koga, et al.
- Elecom Fittio
- Every single Miyazaki movies, especially Spirited Away
- Feeling Good by David D. Burns
- Hakumei and Mikochi
- Jabra 75t
- Kindle Oasis 1st Gen (the lightest Kindle device ever made!)
- Little Witch Academia
- Logitech MX Master
- Magic Trackpad 2
- Mana Ashida’s Movies
- Masato Sakai’s Movies
- NHK’s documentaries
- Reply 1988
- Quartet directed by Nobuhiro Doi
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Teruyuki Kagawa’s Movies
- The Tatami Galaxy
- Test-Driven Development with Python by Harry Percival
- The view in the morning at Russian Ridge Preserve
- The toilet on the 2nd floor of Apple Park Visitor Center
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
- Zojirushi Vacuum Insulated Mug
Books I’m Currently Reading
- A Mind at Play by Jimmy Soni and Rob Goodman
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications by Martin Kleppmann
- Irresistible by Adam Alter
I Am Looking Forward to Try
- To learn surfing
- SICP by Harold Abelson, Gerald Jay Sussman, et al.
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
If you woule like to ask me out for a cup of coffee and you happen to be living in the Bay Area, CA, feel free to drop me an email, and thanks a lot for your time reading.